Friday, April 2, 2010

Most Fabulous Chocolate Cake.

If you are ever in need of a chocolate cake that will beat all others, here is the recipe. I made this cake two days ago, unaware of how delicious it would turn out, and alas, it has become my go-to recipe for my cake decorating, and eating, desires. I paired it with a whipped cream/cream cheese icing, which was also delicious. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost.


This is my tree cake I baked. My piping was runny due to the icing I chose to use-- should have used a buttercream recipe. But, I was going more for taste than look on this cake. As Emily says, the tree trunk looks like bacon.


0 comments: