Thursday, July 15, 2010

Recently I began treasure hunting with my mom at flea markets to find dinner plates with all the different states on them. We found some great ones at the outside vendors at Canton's Trades Days a few weeks ago. We picked up some plates from cities in NE- Milford and Nebraska City, one from Kansas City, MO, one for the whole state of LA, and one from NY. We add these plates to our plates already owned- OH, NE, SD, and MN. We love Nebraska, can't you tell? So stumbling through blogs, I happen across some pillows, that much like the plates, bear a pattern of a great state or well-know city/landmark. I think this will be my life-long collection goal, to find pillows from the places that mean the most to me. Of course, you can buy them all from one person on the internet, but what's the fun in that? Buying all 50+ would seem absurd (where would they all go?) but sticking with a few would a pretty cool statement in a room.

Here are some of my favorites, starting with the great Lone Star State-

Feeding my families unnatural obsession with Nebraska-

Venturing to places overseas-

And actually, my favorite, the entire US-


all the states, plus a few more, here.

Which is your favorite?

1 comments:

Dara Parker said...

Very cute! Austin & Telluride are my faves :)