Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Tuesday I had an interview to work at a summer camp in Tyler called Pine Cove. I am really excited to hear back from them, and if I get the job, as to which camp I will be working at. I am hoping to work at Pine Cove Ranch, the camp for 6th and 7th graders. I love middle schoolers. They are so awkward. And I am so awkward. And we can just be goofily awkward together and be great!

But really, I think middle school age is the most impressionable time in a kids life (prior to college, etc). I want to be a positive mentor and role model for young girls, just like the role models I had in my middle school years. Instilling a strong faith in these lil' ladies (oh yes!) seems to be so important, because if you have a strong faith at that age, I personally believe it will be easier to keep up with and nurture your faith as you get older. Not to say you won't have ups and downs because I sure did, but just a strong foundation. My pastor from Trinity, youth pastors from Marvin, youth group from Marvin, and close friends all helped me to have a strong relationship with Christ during this time in my life, and I seriously was just the happiest, albeit rat-looking, middle school there was. If I can get the opportunity to be an influence on these girls, while being around some pretty awesome people, I will jump at it. And I am so excited. Early December is when I find out, so be looking for some good news then,

This weekend was pretty low-key. I was sneak attacked by Emily and Aaron on Friday night. They were in OK for a funeral and stopped by to see me for a few minutes. Some friends and I ate at a local restaurant called The Mont, and just hung around a talked. Yesterday was the game, which was great. It got a little chilly, seeing how it didn't start until 8:15pm, but what a good game! Earlier that day I made some fabric "yo-yo's" that are going to be made into a headband. I'll post pictures when I am done :)

0 comments: