Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I sold my first item on eBay last night! I bought this rather expensive pair of sandals this summer with some of my graduation money, but to date, I have probably worn them 7 times. Literally. So, I got to thinking. I really am not much into fancy fashion these days (unless it's by Chaco, Vibram, or Camelbak.... then I am really interested!) so I decided to sell them rather than let them lose me money sitting in my closet. I set the lowest bid at a certain price and also added a "buy it now" price. 4 days had passed and only one person had bid... but last night someone bought them straight for what I was asking! A quick $100 in my pocket!

I am going to use the money I got from these sandals to buy a lens I have wanted and experimented with for a while. It's a Canon fixed 50mm f/1.8 lens- great for portraits because of the low aperture AND relatively inexpensive...I am super excited! I have one other lens besides than the nifty fifty I am hoping to buy soon, too. I will probably sell my kit lens on eBay prior to getting the other lens I want, as long as I have close to the amount of money I need for the lens. But that will mean I have to get a job. Which is in the works, seeing how I picked up an application from the bookstore this afternoon!

The "Nifty Fifty"
One of my favorite pictures I have taken with Aaron's 50mm although it's a tad blurry...

After I told my mom I had sold these shoes she responded:
"So you're only going to be a mountain man the rest of your life? Please promise you'll be a girl too?"

Don't worry, mom. No, I am not going Chris McCandless on you. And I have my cardigans which are plenty-girly enough for me. But really, it is so much better when you are not worrying all the time about keeping up with the Joneses.

Also, anyone skilled in HTML, where do I go to change the orientation of my text in my blog post? I would like it to be centered!

1 comments:

emily/thesearethedays said...

I can center it. Skillz in HTMLz.