Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I really hate when I have put my mind to something and then end up not being able to do it.
I was going to run about nine miles today. I had mentally prepared for this... told myself I was going to do it. About a mile into my run my calves started burning intensely as they have for the past week or so that I have been running. This burning is so intense that I have to stop and stretch them out, and start again, with the pain coming back momentarily. My nine miles quickly turned into three... and that really upsets me.

Do any of you have suggestions on how to combat this? I stretch thoroughly before and after each run, I hydrate a lot, and I usually eat a spoonful of peanut butter after my run to give me protein to rebuild my muscles. My dad thinks I run on my toes, which is probably true (thanks ballet... now I am twinkle-toes!). So I will try to focus on running heel-toe... but if any one else has a good suggestion, I would love it!

My race that I am running is in 2.5 weeks, and at this rate, I feel like I won't be able to finish it because of this pain. NOT what I want. 

0 comments: