Monday, July 18, 2011


Lists, planning, dates, organizing. All things I love.


With the new school year lurking in a month's distance, I am getting particularly antsy with planning out everything for this year. For me, it feels like I am beginning college all over again for the first time. A new place brings new excitement, wonders, and occasionally a little snippet of anxiety. But if I am the most excited about one thing, it would be decorating my house with my roommates!

I am living just blocks away from campus and Kyle field (quite a luxury in CStat, I hear) in a house with one of my best Tyler friends, Katie, and a new friend that I get the joy of meeting and living with, Katherine. Katie and I have been planning and figuring out all the details of our new house. My most favorite aspects of the house we are about to call home? A flagpole we will hopefully put in the front, flowers I will plant in the front yard, and strange enough picking out the curtains that will serve as the "door" to our little laundry nook. Speaking of that, if anyone has any suggestions for a place to find cheap, cute curtains (other than Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond) I would love to hear them! We are still on the hunt for our perfect print.

Anyway, I am getting my pre-school jitter bugs and am actually ready for school to get started. Although give me a week into classes and that will probably change. I remember waiting by the mailbox every summer afternoon to find out who my next elementary school teacher would be, so this anticipation of the new school year is nothing new to me!

0 comments: