Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Fall, y'all.

It's October, my favorite month of the year! Here's a look back on what I was doing one year ago this month. It's crazy how much things have changed. But I couldn't be more happy with that change.

 Hayden came up for the first weekend of October to visit me. We went to Turner Falls and just had a wonderful time in the beautiful Oklahoma autumn weather. Can I tell you how happy I am that six hour trips are no longer necessary? Blessed, blessed, blessed.

 One thing I do miss about Oklahoma? The evident change in seasons. The color changes, the cooler weather, the awesome sunsets. It has been different experiencing one hundred degree weather in College Station a few days before October. I feel like last year I was already rockin' long sleeve shirts (one of my favorite things) a few weeks into school. 

If this picture isn't an all-encompassing autumn picture, I don't know what is. These are two girls I miss quite a lot. Trying to find a great group of girls to live life with has been my biggest struggle thus far at A&M. I am thankful for my roommates and my boys that I hang out with, but I am also trusting in the Lord that he will provide for me lasting friendships. If you think of that in your time of prayer, do you think you could lift me up?

I am training for Young Life again this semester because the programs at A&M and OU are pretty different, but I am totally OK with that. I will be placed in a small group that meets every week here soon, so I am confident that I will build relationships with the girls I meet there. One thing the Lord has been putting on my heart is being in pursuit of those people. I can't just sit around and wait for them. I kind of feel like a freshman all over again-- but I am strangely alright with it!

One happy/exciting/amazing/WONDERFUL update for you all- the little peanut that is to be my sister's new baby is officially a boy! You know this little guy is going to be the most spoiled thing in the world--- rightly so!

Thanks for sticking with me in my small hiatus from the blog. It's been pretty busy around here studying and running everywhere. However, I would say that the studying has been paying off, at least for one class. I made an A on my first organic chemistry test-- one of seven people in my 100+ class. Not to toot my own horn, but toot-stinkin'-toot! I feel like my blog is a place I can relish in my achievements, right? Now to just keep up those grades and raise all my other ones!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend spent with the people you love!

0 comments: