Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sooner Stompin'

Today I started the first step in starting my own line of headbands/other things. Ordering supplies. I can't wait to receive them and get started on my first project: headbands! I've been doodling lots of different ideas in my Moleskine. It should be fun.

The one thing now left for me to consider is if I want to sell on Etsy or Big Cartel. Etsy charges per listing, as well a (small) portion of the profits. However, you can list as many items as you want as well as post many pictures. Big Cartel on the other hand has a free option. No charge to sell whatsoever. The catch with the free option on Big Cartel is you can only have 5 listings up at a time with one picture each. I like my pictures... I like my details. Does anyone have a preference? Any insight? I would love to hear it.

In other news... today is a big game day. That's right-- gross OU versus the Fightin' Texas Aggies. I'm very nervous. Very nervous indeed. If the game was at Kyle Field the boys would have a whole stadium backing them. Being in Norman.... scary. Win or lose, it will be a fun game. I just really, really, really hope we win. Funny to think. Last year I came down to A&M for the OU/A&M game and was heartbroken when the Sooners lost (such an upset) and now an upset is ALL I want! Gig 'Em AGGIES! You did it once, now do it again!

 Last year. Pre game. Not ashamed to be a Sooner. Just scared of the crazy fans. I wore a OU jacket and an A&M shirt. Conflict of interest.

Our group. I was probably pretending to be happy that A&M won this game. Let's be real. I was a pot of boiling bitterness. OK. Maybe that's a little extreme.

Also. Last night I watched the first Lord of the Rings for the first time. Ever. I know, I am sheltered and silly and a disgrace. BUT I FREAKIN' LOVE THEM. Can't wait to finish the next two and then watch them all over ten million times! Why have I waited so long for this?

0 comments: