Saturday, February 4, 2012

You Do You, pt. III

I justify skipping yesterday's blog for two reasons:
A) I was exhausted last night.
B) It's leap year, which means there are 29 days in February, which means I can skip a day, right?

Tonight will be a quick post, but definitely something I am actively being taught right now.
Last night at Young Life mock clubs someone stated that "no matter what happens, no matter how awkward and terrible things are going, you must not show it. You must radiate with Christ's love at all times because you don't know who you could be impacting at that point." This is just so true. It is so easy to me to let little things get me down. I consider that a major flaw in my life. Any road bump thrown my way... consider me road kill. I especially learned this tonight. Something I was so excited for the possibility of happening ended up not happening in a way that really just frustrated me. It really just broke my spirit and I know it showed all over my face. Hayden could tell, my friends could tell, the guy sitting across the room could probably tell. It is so unbecoming of me and just such a bad, bad flaw. I can't continue to let these things get to me because it makes me feel like someone I am not. It makes me feel unhappy, unwelcoming, and a person no one would want to be around. I think Jesus is definitely teaching me things right now in my life. I know the reasons things are happening the way they are is just because whatever He has planned is so much better. And that is not a reason to be down. That is a reason to rejoice! So let my heart be joyful, let my face shine happiness, let my life beam with Christ's love and grace. He is all I need and the source of all happiness. Road blocks cannot come between me and my God, so why do I act like they can?

For my "picture" today I am sending you a link to look at. Please look at this and "like" the page if you do feel compelled. For my environmental design class we had to make a social innovation and enter it in this competition. This was an incredible opportunity because I have had the idea to start an organization for Moringa trees (I will make a post on this soon, I promise!) since hearing about them earlier this year. I am hoping that this project will be a springboard for this organization, and that sometime soon this might become a reality. Listen and Grow is definitely just a rough draft, and not necessarily the basic principles of what I hope to do on the A&M campus some day, but it was a great starting point! Keep looking for updates throughout the month to the page, we just got this started. Also, if you could share this with anyone who you think might be interested to vote, that would be wonderful. The more votes we have the better chance we have to win money to get a project launched!

0 comments: