Monday, April 2, 2012

SFAmily

Thursday night I was finally placed on my Young Life team- SFA Wyldlife! I am so incredibly excited about our new SFAmily and how close we have already gotten. Tomorrow is my first real club as a leader. We are actually having a cookout at the park, so it's not quite a normal night. I have been waiting two years for this day to come and I could not be more excited. Placement night here (and pretty much any YL) is a pretty big deal. We were picked up in a limo and driven to this outdoor ampitheatre in downtown Bryan where there were some funny skits, great music, and most importantly, reveal of our new teams! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the night!


 Kailie, one of the girls from my small group!

 Me and my girl TQ. She is one of the 5 girls that I am living with next year. She was placed on A&M Consolidated High School. So excited for her, and so excited to see how the Lord will use her!


 Another future roomie, Megan! She is on Hayden's Wyldlife team, Jane Long. They were all dressed up as country-folk. I am so thankful for this girl!

Shelby, me, MB, and Megan. We got 4 out of the 6 girls in a picture, but have yet to get the whole group together!


These are the girls from my small group all year. We were the only three to get placed, and i am so happy for these girls. Lauren on the left was our leader, Kailie is a leader at Consol and Brooke gets the oppurtunity to start a brand new YL club at College Station High that is opening in the fall. I couldn't be more blessed to have lived life with these girls for the past 8 months!


SFA WYLDLIFE! Jennifer, me, LC, Marc, and Robert. Already loving my team! 

Tiffany and Meghan are two other girls in my small group from this year. They decided not to go through with training, but they came and supported us at placement night. You guys are tha bomb!

 One of the new girls on my team, Jennifer! We had the opportunity to be on the same mock club team in February, but I am so excited to get to know her better and spend all our time hanging out with middle schoolers. She has such a sweet heart and is absolutely hilarious.


The new girls: LC, me, and Jennifer! Love them already!


























The brand new SFA Wyld Life team! They were dressed up as the Hunger Games characters (which, oops, I still haven't read/seen!)

This is about to be an incredible season of life for me and I cannot wait for these next two years. I know it's not always going to be easy, but this new community of people could not be a better group of people to lift each other up. Dedicating at least of 15 hours to Young Life is a huge commitment, but I know that the work here is all for His Kingdom. I am so thankful the Lord has allowed me to be used in this organization, and I cannot wait to see relationships built!

0 comments: