Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Semester Down

Well. Here we are, a mere 4 months after my last blog post. This might be my longest hiatus I have taken from my blog. Time this semester has been limited, and unfortunately this area of free-thinking flew way down deep under the radar. Fortunately, I finished finals this afternoon and am already antsy to be busy with my next "task". The problem? I don't have any. Maybe it's a good thing.

So again I say, he we are. I am excited to recap what has been happening over the past few months of my life! Albeit brief and long overdue, I think it will be good for me to rummage through the mass of memories and happenings that are floating freely through my mind.

For now, I leave you with a goal I have made for myself over the break. The number of books I have read in the past year is absolutely pitiful. For something I enjoy doing so much, I surely have not allotted time for myself to do so. My goal is to read at least one book a week during my winter break, and hopefully continue into my spring semester. With all the time I will have, this should be so very doable! And now a shameless admission to you, Molly Cook. I may have scoured your Goodreads for the past bit forming my reading list. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed! So here is your chance, dear readers (&Molly), to give me some input. Give me your best recommendations, as many as you want!

The books I have been itching to read:
A few books out of my C.S. Lewis collection
Love Does
Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy
Pride and Prejudice (reread)
The Hobbit

I love everything from classics to Christian literature. Hit me with your best!



I cannot wait to tell you more about life and the best friends I have in these girls.

Until next time!

1 comments:

Molly C. Pettyjohn said...

Jilly Bean, I am honored to be the subject of your creeping - sorry this reply is so tardy! Definitely read The Hobbit (and the rest of LOTR), Anna Karenina for a good classic, and check out As I Lay Dying for a good introduction to William Faulkner (which will open a wealth of goodies if you like him). Just a few of my favorites!