Friday, January 20, 2012

Happenings.

Syllabus week. There is nothing better, really. Except when your professor starts lecturing that day. I know, I know-- wahh. At least I do not have Friday classes. Sleep in today, check! The weather in College Station has been absolutely glorious. I mean, 70 degrees in January? Ok, yes! Anywho, here is what has been going on in my life lately.


While I was home, Millie liked to snuggle. Made it hard to get out of bed, you know?


Hayden is taking his MCATs in a week, so we had a little study date at Barnes and Noble. I ate some Godiva chocolate cheesecake and read lots of magazines. I feel so classy. He has some dedication and I have, well, a sugar high.


I got a new car that I absolutely love! It's a Subaru Forester that is kindly called the Forest Ranger thanks to Hayden's brother. I am so blessed that my parents gave my sister and me the gift of a new car our sophomore years of college. I can now pretend that I live in Colorado or Minnesota, because everyone and their dogs drives a Subaru in those states. It's also being outfitted with a roof rack that I bought with all my earnings from working over the break. Pictures when that is finally assembled (Avengers?!) Also, my mom got me luggage for my birthday in October (remember how I used to come home for the holidays?) and I think it's her dream for this to be my life. I can't say I disagree. One step closer Momma, one step closer.


I bought a new headlamp which is one of my other new favorite things. This is a celebratory picture I sent to Hayden (because we are dorks). I was greeted by a nice little Moosejaw package when I came back to College Station. Nice timing on my part, yes? Also, behind me is a shot of my room. I hope to do a little house tour soon. Problem is there are still some things that need to be completed!


I made some yarn and twig flowers for our living room on Monday. They took all of 10 seconds and look so neat. I will put up a little tutorial of my own soon.


Otherwise, last night we had an A&M Pine Cove Ranch get-together at Rosa's. I am so excited for this summer to be here. I met some wonderful people and cannot wait to get to know them better. We called the new Ranch director and left a sweet little voice message saying "We're the ranch, WHOOP!" Gotta represent the best college in the world, right? Really though. This summer is going to be such a blessing in so many different ways, and I cannot wait to see how the Lord is going to use me and all the other staffers.

I got to spend a little time with my silly roommates last night for some fro-yo. Delish. It makes it better that Katie (what up, girl!) loves sprinkles just as much as I do. They are the bomb.

Have a most fantastic weekend, my friends!


0 comments: