Friday, June 18, 2010

Since I was little, I have gotten such a thrill out of designing and redesigning my bedroom- my space. So, with dorm room designing lurking, I couldn't be more excited. I am straying from my neutral, calm colored palette of browns, greys, and blues to a pop of color here and there. Here's what I have so far.

I got my bedding from my sister for Christmas from Pottery Barn, one of my favorite gifts of the year! If you know me, you know my borderline unhealthy obsession with trees and birds, so this colorful duvet was just the ticket! Thanks, Em!



Next up are my sheets. Lots of colorful sheets are on sale at The Company Store, but I am not sure of the color yet. I am thinking a less loud shade of blue to calm down the color bedspread. Which blue do you think I should go with? I am thinking the second from the bottom.



Lastly, for this post, is a rug. I have been searching all over the internet for a rug that isn't very expensive, but will warm up the cold tile floors. I think I found just the right one at Pier One, even with though it's for outdoor use! Opinions? I might need to match my sheets with this turquoisey color, but I am still leaning to the periwinkle blue :)



I hope that all this color won't be too much for my room, but I think it's fun to look at all these things. Any good websites to look at cheap decor for my small space?

P.S.- Virtual tour of my room here.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

emily/thesearethedays said...

The indoor/outdoor rug might be perfect. It will get a lot of wear and possibly spillage from drinks (NON-ALCOHOLIC PLEASE), weather, etc., so it would be good to have something durable. That's my $.02, at least. I am going to go to Pier 1 now and take a look see :)

emily/thesearethedays said...

Also, I think you could still do periwinkle if there is enough teal in the bedding to match the rug. Love the ideas!

lvillegas said...

I heard you like birds...
http://www.francescascollections.com/product/a+little+birdy+dish+towel.do?sortby=ourPicks