Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Where is it that you find you can breathe out your troubles, release your burdens and heartaches and sins? Where can you find your new breath, your rejuvenation? I hope you have that place, and if not, I hope you find it. To find a place where everything can be given up, to lay down your pride. Everyone needs their personal sanctuary.

"We are not infinite creators, but finite and dependent creatures." Rather than seeking the Lord, we seek our own power. To prove our superiority. To find ourselves on top. But in the end, we come out tattered and worn. I need to lessen myself. To have a downward inner focus in order to look up.

My prayer is to deconstruct. To seek the will of God, to think everyone better than myself. I pray I have a heart of humility, and to stray away from my own selfish ambition.

"Whoever is least among you is the greatest"-Luke 9:48

0 comments: