Friday, December 3, 2010

You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule.
You're blessed when you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
You're blessed when you're content with just who you are- no more, no less. That's when you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.
You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's good and drink in the best meal you will ever eat.
You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being 'care-full' you find yourselves cared for.
You're blessed when you get your inside world- your mind and heart- put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.
Matthew 5:1-8

I need Your embrace, I need your nourishment. When times are the darkest, I am shown how blessed I really am. You know exactly what is on my heart, and you show me the words that build me up. How great is my God who can work in my life without me knowing. A chance that I flip to this page first, and read these words? My God is healer, awesome in power.

Emily reminded me of this verse last night: Matthew 11:28. I am so thankful for her, and for my mom, who I can come to when I am broken down. I can't imagine life without them. They are my rocks and I love them so much. So incredibly much. And I don't say that very much. But I do.

I hope your weekends are filled with joy and love and company, and that you are thankful for every way God is working in your life.

And happy (last 30 minutes) of birthday to my brother-in-law, Aaron. So glad we could transform you into the cat lady we knew you could become.

0 comments: