Sunday, January 16, 2011

So from about December 23 to January 15th, I was without a 'smartphone'. Feast your eyes on this bundle of technological joy!
My iPhone was sitting on my bed where I always put it to charge it, when the big oaf Gus came and jumped on my bed knocking my phone face down on the hardwood floor. I picked it up and was relieved because no cracks in the screen could be felt. Unfortunately, a quick click of the home screen revealed a white screen of death. A shattered LCD chip. A useless phone. Fast forward to the last month and I have been using my 4 year old go phone. I could call, I could text with a bit of trouble, but nothing else. No camera, internet, facebook application (God forbid!). But over the period I got to use this phone, I really enjoyed it. I wasn't constantly checking my phone or looking at facebook. I was truly invested in the then and now, and it was nice. I held out as long as I could from deciding to buy a new iPhone. For a while I thought I wasn't going to buy one because I was really enjoying the simplicity of being "unattached". But last night I caved and got a new phone before I left for Norman. I kind of wish that I was strong enough to keep my trusty old go phone, but in school my phone isn't just a phone, but my information source, iPod, map, and email. I gave in, and I am not proud of it.

Thank goodness for my iPhone though, because I stupidly left my MacBook charger at home, so I will definitely need to be decreasing my computer usage until Friday or so. Back into simplicity, I suppose!

2 comments:

emily/thesearethedays said...

How many iphones is that now? Love you.

Jillian Anderson said...

I've bought them all..... so....