Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A while back (I think) I wrote how I was starting training for a half marathon! To my surprise, I am actually staying with it! I didn't start my actual training until I came back from Christmas break, just ran every few days to stay in shape, because the new marathon I am running is not until April 10. So every other day I run 3 miles to keep building my endurance. Then, once a week, I run one mile more than I ran the last week. I started running 2 miles, then the next 3, 4, and so on. Right now I am at six miles. Because of the weather I have been having to run in the gym on the elliptical and on the track. This week it was finally warm enough to run outside and let me tell you. I felt like I was starting all over from the beginning! The changing elevations and inclines make it tougher, but it feels so much better. I can already feel myself getting acclimated to the outdoors. I found an application that serves as a GPS, calorie counter, pace keeper that is really handy, and helps me track my progress. I am really just excited that I have stayed with it and that it's becoming something I want to do more than feel I need to. Every other day (sometimes every day) I look forward to my runs. And usually I go to an abs class afterwards which gets me all feelin' fit. And I like it. I also am looking forward to my running partner. Even though he's six hours away and isn't quite as disciplined (yet!) he will be awesome to run with and will definitely kick my butt. My pace is probably double his... looks like we are going to have to compensate here! But I just can't wait until the Big D marathon on April 10th and to cross that finish line! And hopefully continue with training and complete the four seasons challenge
I feel like Hayden and I will be doing something goofy at the finish line, so this picture seemed to fit. Minus holding hands. That's cheezy. Gross.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

i'm proud of you for sticking with it! that's awesome!