Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So, I keep a collection of pets in my head. These are all pets that I hope to have one day. I'm crazy, I know.

We shall start with this little guy, one lone basset hound. Actually, a flock of basset hounds running and tripping over their ears would be ideal.


Then we have a little German Shepherd puppy. Much like the Goose. His name would be Jude. [Good thing I thought it sounded German-like and it is completely not... where do I come up with these things?] My current dog Gus really fits his name. He's quite the doofus, but that's OK.

The next one I don't have a personal picture of, but I do have a funny memory. One of Emily's best friends in high school had a Great Dane, and he was the funniest thing alive, mainly because he was an inside dog who shared the house with a very small dachshund. We also almost got a deaf Great Dane from the humane society called Gandalf one time, but dad decided a dog that big not being able to hear might not be the best idea. His name would be Harold and he would be a big ol' goof.

And now, onto the most recent addition of my pet collection. An Airedale Terrier. He's not going to be one of those groomed, weird looking ones. But shaggy and funny. I went in to get my bike tuned up at a local shop in Norman, and as I walked in a was greeted by this sweet little guy galloping up to me. His owner wasn't very happy with him because Ripley (the dog) had just sneakily devoured his entire Jimmy John's sandwich. Um. Stinkin' perfect. There's no way you could be mad at this little face. I'm really liking the name Niles for this guy. Or Francis. Whichever one I don't choose will probably be a cat name.


So anyway. It's crazy. I know this. But you can't deny that having at least one of these fuzz balls around would make you infinitely happier, right?

3 comments:

Molly C. Pettyjohn said...

You're naming your German Shepherd "Jew"?

Jillian Anderson said...

Well I feel like an idiot. Hahah

Molly C. Pettyjohn said...

Haha! I'm sorry, I just thought it was pretty funny :)