Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You Do You, pt. I

Apparently the only time I can sit down and relax for a moment long enough to write a post is late at night. Hopefully this habit will change within the next, oh, day or two. So anyway. I think this little daily goal will be harder than I thought, but hopefully it will allow me to see Christ's miracles in the mundane of my life. I think I really need that.

One thing that has really been dragging me down for the past year or so is how introverted I am. I've taken all types of personality tests which have labeled me as so, but I didn't need a test to tell me that. It has become a canyon dug so deep into me that it seems to have become a scar for me-- a defining factor. Now, there is nothing wrong with being introverted. I even enjoy it sometimes. But what becomes a problem is when it's all I can focus on. I cannot tell you the feelings I get when I walk into a room full of people I do not know. It's like I freeze up and retreat into this little invisible cocoon. So, this is something I have been praying about. Fervently. I can't let this insecurity impede potential relationships with new people, but more importantly, I can't let this stop me from showing Christ's love to those around me. If I meet a new person and hardly say a word, I could come off as stuffy or just rude. When people meet me I want them to see a light within me, an exuberance that cannot be contained. To have a happiness that just spreads. This is my hope and my goal. So what am I learning about myself? That I must force myself out of my comfort zone, because that's the only way I will grow.

No picture today, but hopefully I can start that up tomorrow. Until tomorrow!

1 comments:

emily/thesearethedays said...

Being an introvert is hard! For me, it's been important to not think of introversion as the problem, but approachability. Introversion can't be changed, but how you practice your approachability can be. Just a thought :)