Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life is... Happening!

You guys! Life is crazy! And it's happening all around me. And I can hardly keep my head above water. But the thing is, I love it!

I've mentioned recently how I feel like I am finally finding my niche in College Station. This my friends, is the bonafide truth. Here's what I have been up to since last Monday (I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week!)

Most important, Shep turned one week old yesterday! Isn't it weird to think of a human being as a week old? Kind of blows my mind. He is adorable and I get to see him in two weeks! Cannot wait!





Thursday night I had reveal night for The Wells Project. I am placed on the event team which is exactly the team I wanted to be on. We are in charge of the 10 Days programming and concert. Phil Wickham might be coming back next year, but we are looking to maybe change it up. Maybe even a whole festival? So much opportunity and so many ways God can work! I have already met some great people and I cannot wait to get to know them better. Sunday we have a retreat where we find out our specific positions, so I am looking forward to that.

Friday night was the G.L.O.W. 5K in College Station. It was a chilly but fun night! We had a mini yell practice before the race started (such good Aggies!) which was just so fun. "Beat the hell outta poverty!" was the line for one of the yells. Love it. I ran and finished in the time that I wanted which was a great feeling. We ate Layne's for dinner which is a favorite!

Speaking of running, my second half marathon is this Sunday. I am running in the Armadillo Dash here in C-Stat, so thankfully it shouldn't be too hilly. Prayers that it isn't raining/sleeting/sub 40 degree temperatures at this race like my last! I am running for myself and to beat my current half time, so that's the only pressure. We will see if I am able to. Unfortunately I haven't been near as good with training as I was for the OKC race. Hopefully the adrenaline will get me pumped!

Saturday I went to my first Aggie baseball game. I must admit, baseball isn't my thing. I am ashamed to say I know little to nothing about it. Football is where it's at, amIrightttt? However, all the traditions at Aggie baseball games are hilarious so it was fun to go to! Not to mention the weather was absolutely beautiful! Ricky (to the right of Haydo) used to live in Japan so we like to pretend he's Asian and do "peace" signs in every picture.

Last night I got to go to an SFA Wyldlife club to visit. Wyldlife, in case you are new, is Young Life geared towards middle schoolers. It was incredible. I loved every second of it! The team was great, the kids were hilarious, and we could definitely see Lord working in these kids! Friday night is a lock-in at Gattitown from 11pm-6am. About 170 middle schoolers come to the lock-in so it's going to be crazy but so very fun! They do a club around midnight which is apparently a very hard thing to manage. 200 kids form 2 different schools all in the same room playing games and listening to the Message? I'm in! I am going to help out and get to hang out with the kids a little more. Who knows, maybe in a month I will be on the SFA team? I am also visiting a Capernaum club (special needs YL) on Thursday night which I cannot wait to go to. I have a feeling I am going to fall in love with Capernaum, too, which will make preferencing "my world" hard come interview time. It's all in God's hands-- I know I will be placed where I am supposed to be.

In case you don't follow me on Instagram, let's backtrack a little! I got my map in (Monday?) evening. I love it and have a few ideas to spruce it up.

Today there was a health professionals symposium on campus where all of the Texas medical schools came and talked/handed out info. In case you didn't know, I LOVE pamphlets. No really, I do. So I got all these different info packets that I am excited to go through. It makes med school seem so much more real. I feel like my whole life I have been preparing for medical school admissions. And now, in a short year, application will become a reality. Craziness! Prayers for the Potato who will be getting his MCAT scores back soon. His is becoming an even bigger reality! So proud and excited for him!

Lastly, (worst-ly?) I have been studying non-stop since I got back into College Station. My normal routine entails getting out of class, making a quick dinner, and then going somewhere to study until about 12:30 or so. Not to mention early morning study sessions and trying to be productive with the hour breaks I have on Tuesday afternoons  (voila!) and Wednesday. It will all be worth it, hopefully. Organic is really killing me right now which is teaching me a lot of patience and a lot of trust! 13 hours seems more time consuming than the 16 hours I took last semester, and last semester nearly killed me! Enough of my pity party, though.

If you think about it, my roommates for next year and I are still searching for 2 or 3 more girls to fill our house. We have people who are interested, but we really just need it to happen. I am a planner and an organizer and like things to be taken care of quickly. So please pray for patience for me, and for the right girls to come along!

So there's life. All the craziness and joy and fun.

0 comments: