Wednesday, February 8, 2012

You Do You, pt. VI

I had to take down my last post from yesterday. Apparently I was cramping the author's style aka I need better blogging etiquette. I didn't think it would be a problem but apparently it is. I hope you guys got a chance to read what I posted yesterday, though!

Today I got to go look at a house for next year with some of my new roommates for next fall! This house was wonderful. Wood floors, vaulted ceilings, flower beds (legit ones too!), a huge kitchen, and a wall-o'-windows full sunroom. That's right. For those of you who don't know, I am obsessed with sunrooms/windows/light in general. My current roommates probably think I am crazy because the first thing I do when I wake up is go open the blinds in the living room. I just love the way a room fills with natural light. Call me crazy. I would have to agree.


Here's our potential little house. Ignore the pile of dirt in the middle- we've got some major landscaping going on. One of my favorite parts? The crepe myrtle trees to the right. I'll keep you all updated on the progress of this lease-signing if we decide to go through with it!

I really love community. I really love surrounding myself with a group of people that pursue my same interests. It makes my heart so happy. I love the idea of living life with a bunch of girls and having accountability. That's one of my goals for now. To make that a reality. I have many acquaintances and friends, but very few of those know me deep down. Very few have broken down this wall I create and have gotten to know the true me. For some reason it's easier to let me show my emotions and true colors to my guy friends, such as Hayden and Calvin. Granted, they are two of my very best friends (and one my boyfriend, so duh) but I mean.... they are guys. I hate to break it to you Hayden, but no matter how much you learn in your Psychology of Women class, I still don't think you will ever understand how crazily complex a girl's mind is. Sometimes you just need some good ol' girl talk. I know the Lord is calling me to branch out right now-- to do things out of the norm and leave my comfort zone. This is the only way to build these relationships that I so desperately crave and know my soul needs. This started tonight with attending a Well's Project informational meeting. I got to meet some incredible people who have hearts just filled with the Holy Spirit and who WILL change this world. I cannot wait to submit my application and hopefully become part of this community. But this goal is to also to foster the relationships I already have. Digging deeper, growing closer, seeking the face of our Savior. I just really cannot wait to see what He has in store.

0 comments: