Sunday, February 19, 2012

You Do You, pt. XI

I cannot tell you how excited I am for these next few months.

Young Life placement happens on March 29th and I am feeling more strongly than ever that the Lord is calling me to this ministry. I have been thinking about where I would want to lead, but the more and more I think about it, the more I have been praying that the Lord places me where I will have the most impact. I have been leaning towards Young Life Capernaum which is Young Life's ministry for kids with special needs as well as towards Wyldlife (middle schoolers). However, today in a leadership forum with 3 YL schools in the Brazos Valley made me reconsider Young Life again, too. I cannot wait until I am hopefully placed and get to become part of a team and love on some kids! I also cannot wait until I have my own team. I have seen from many of my friends here and in Norman how much your team becomes your family, and that is something I cannot wait for, either. Being surrounded by all these different leaders today gave me so much to look forward to. I literally cannot. wait.

Along with that I am about to be placed on a team with The Wells Project (please go read about it, it's an amazing organization!) where I will get to know and spend time with people who have incredible hearts for Jesus and for this mission.

The Lord has been revealing my place here at A&M over the past little bit and I am so thankful and astounded by His provision and grace. Many nights I have asked Him to reveal my purpose here at A&M and to surround me with a community that lifts me up and sets me in the right direction. My YL small group, future roommates, new teams I will be placed on, Pine Cove friends that will be made, and the people who have been with me from the start of school in August have all been huge blessings. So thank you, friends!

0 comments: