Friday, May 4, 2012

Itineraries+Formals

It's an exciting time here in Aggieland. Finals are over at the beginning of next week, which means summer starts in just a few sweet, short days!

Here's my itinerary, thus far:
Finish with tests and classes Tuesday morning.... heading home to Tyler!
Spending a few days with my family
Driving back to College Station Friday evening
Leaving for Frontier Ranch for YL Work Week Saturday morning
Spend a glorious week in the Colorado mountains
Drive home [a day early] in order to be at Pine Cove by 4 on Saturday the 19th
Trailblazing for the week
Home for a few hours
Back to Pine Cove for the next week for staff orientation!
And finally, on June 2, home (for a month!)

On top of all the fun that this next month will bring, I am excited to be at home and spend time with my family! I have quite a few projects that I have dreamt up, and I cannot wait to get started! I am especially looking forward to craft time with my mom, antique store grazing, Canton(!!) for the first time in a year, and just relaxing. I also have a large stack of books that I am eager to dive into (including The Hunger Games... oops) so time out by the pool is a must as well.

But before I get too ahead of myself, I still have an organic chemistry final (boo) and to pack up the lovely 406 Fairview. But of course, I still have found time to have some fun. Wednesday evening was the Young Life "formal" which was a good excuse to wear a new dress and put a dash of mascara on. Feeling very fancy. Here are some pictures from the evening:

All the Winding Women together! Shelby, Taylor, me, Mary Beth, Sarah, and Megan

One of the sweet girls on my SFAmily, Jennifer

You know we have a hand sign...

My favorite guys! Please take note of Hayden's basset hound tie.

Me and the Potato. This was his last 'function' as a Young Life leader in the Brazos Valley. 

In other exciting news, after days and days and days of craigslist/interwebs hunting, I bought my new camera! It ended up being on Amazon for the same price I could have bought it used. Plus, the price of the camera+kit lens was strangely the same price as just buying the camera body. Which means I got a stinkin' deal. Literally seconds after I purchased the camera the price went up over $100. Bargain Betty over here! First trip to break it in? Colorado! Cannot wait!

0 comments: