Friday, May 27, 2011

I apologize for my complete abandonment of my Week in Ten's. I guess I am just not interesting enough to myself to have ten things to talk about each week. We need to work on that. But without further ado, my week (for the past 3 weeks) in ten!

1. Sitting outside during finals week studying for an hour or two in a tank top and coming back to my room with a gnarly, painful sunburn. This skin was not used to the sun, obvs. Pasty, pasty, I am (working on was).

2. Getting a $500 off a new Subaru coupon in a race packet I received. This is fate. Looks like I am waiting one more year. (I've moved on from the gas guzzling Jeep for now to my new obsession, a Subaru Forester!)

3. Finishing my first year of COLLEGE! Time flies. So did finals week. 

4. Coming home and staying here for a whole sumer!

5. Transplanting some flowers from our front flower beds to some pots. I am taking these to plant in front of my (hopeful) house next year... it needs a little bit of TLC. I was careful to take off as few root hairs as possible, because as we know, root hairs have the biggest surface area uptake of nutrients- each one cell thick. Thanks BIOL1134.

6. Starting my summer job at Pottery Cafe! And really enjoying it. Also getting my first paycheck of the summer, cha-ching!

7. Speaking of Pottery Cafe: really wanting to paint this for my house next year. If you know anything about the Anderson family, you know we love our butter. On everything. So I've gotta have it next year!

8. Lots of letter writing to Potato. It's still strange to address a letter to "Jurassic Sparks". But we've begun round two of PC letters. Already counting down the days until July 2. But excited for his summer!

9. I'm now a commissioned artist (please, take that with 7 heaping tablespoons of sarcasm). My friend Sara- see kayaking post below- wanted me to paint something with a Starry Night motif and the quote from Eat, Pray, Love "I think I deserve something beautiful". I think it turned out OK, could have tweaked a few things. And of course I forgot to take a final picture. So here it is before any words were added. 

10. Running errands in the Cooper with my favorite road buddy, the Goose. I really love to drive around with him because when people see such a big dog in such a small car with his head hanging out the windows, they can't help but smile. It's the small things.


Here's an extra 11) Going to the beach the second week in July! Already trying to get my tan and fitness on! 

0 comments: