Monday, January 2, 2012

What I'm Diggin' No. 3

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It's been a whirlwind vacation for all the Anderson's, so once again here I am begging for your forgiveness for being a spotty blogger. Here are a few things that have caught my eye now that I have a bit of time to relax and browse.



These wonderful little Valentine bowls from West Elm. They have the sweetest little grey print paired with not-to-girly little pink hearts. My sister and I both saw these within an hour of eachother. Needless to say it looks like we will both have our own little collection soon. I cannot wait to eat my morning cereal out of these guys. I feel like my day would just have to be good after that!


The typography and message of this print. This is one of my favorite hymns and such a great reminder. I really want to make something for my house with the lyrics on it, but I trying to stray away from everything I own and decorate with looking handmade. We all know I vow by handmade, but as I get older I want to have pieces that will carry on into my mature adult life. Whenever that comes. Tryin' to get my classy on, ya know?


I am definitely digging the progress of some of my headbands and other items for my Etsy store. My mom and I made the three girls in our family pom-pom cowl scarves that are absolutely wonderful, so I am hoping to add those to the line up soon. I am hoping to use the rest of this break to build a little inventory and get my shop set up before school starts again. I also might add some bow ties to the collection. Here is a picture of the bow tie I made for my brother-in-law Aaron. He loves flannel just as much (even more?) than I do and even started the Lumberjack Club at The University of Nebraska. I thought it was fitting.


Emily gave me Jesus Calling for Christmas this year. I have been eyeing this little devotional for quite a while but never followed through and bought it. I am so thankful Em gave it to me, I already love it and it will be such a wonderful supplement to my daily reading.

Watching Bravo this morning, I saw a commercial for one of those Cricut machines. I have used one before to do lettering and though it was pretty neat. I am such a sucker for advertising because man, this commercial sucked me in! It can cut paper and fabric in all sorts of designs. How much easier would crafting be if you didn't have to hand cut every little design?

Lastly on my list of wonderfulness is this wonderful photo. I can't wait to get out and use my tent I got for Christmas.

1 comments:

emily/thesearethedays said...

I'm loving all of these things too!