Thursday, June 23, 2011

As you might know, I have danced my entire life. Mainly ballet, until the middle of high school when I joined the drill team. Because of this I have such an incredible respect for dancers (artists) and the amazing choreographers they work with. I stumbled upon this dance from last season's So You Think You Can Dance and fell in love right away.

The choreography is by Travis Wall. I am not sure what his purpose was for the piece, but in my opinion it seems as if Robert (plaid) is helping Allison (pink) fight through some tragedy. Possibly breast cancer, based on the color of her clothes. A lot of people might not realize how telling every little piece of the choreography can be-- from costumes, music choice, colors, and even footwear that can add a natural feel. It's an amazing art. A beautiful, amazing art.

Something stirs inside of my each time I watch this.


It won't let my post directly on here. But watch it, I promise it's worth it. I can't get over the last few seconds of the dance. So powerful.

0 comments: