Sunday, February 12, 2012

You Do You, pt. VIII

Last week exhausted me. More than anything. And this weekend was a whirlwind, too. My parents went to Austin for the weekend, so Saturday I drove down to hang out with my mom and explore South Congress for a while. I slept about 5ish hours the night before, the same as the past 4 day prior, so driving there and back was a little hard. But I had so much fun and was so excited to see my parents for a little bit!

Today I did the first long run I have done in quite a while. It felt incredible. I wish it wouldn't have taken me this long to get back into the swing of things! My next half is in less than a month so I am working hard to get back to the level I need to be at. The only thing I care about is beating my last half marathon time-- I am only competing against myself!

Hayden gave me Angels in the Outfield for my birthday [in October] and we finally got to watch it Friday night! I forget how wonderful and hilarious that movie is. I can still quote most of the movie. I guess that is what happens when you watch either Cinderella or Angels in the Outfield every weekend for 10 years of your life! Speaking of Hayden, I cannot wait to show you the Valentine I made for him. It makes me smile.

An update about the house I mentioned in this post.... we got it! This is an amazing house and I will be living with some amazing girls. I am incredibly blessed!

I have had quite the obsession with vintage pull down school maps for a while. I have been trying to find one at a decently reasonable price, and today I found one! We have a great big entryway in our house next year, so I am thinking I already have the perfect place for it. I am glad I finally found this one because my obsession was getting a little out of hand. Here are a few of my favorite images:



Found [here], [here], and [here].

What have I been learning lately? To break out of habits and refresh! I am definitely a creature of habit, which is something that I really actually like. However, sometimes I just need a little time to regroup, re prioritize, and break tradition. Not in any drastic way, but in small, simple ways. Eating better, running more regularly, fun trips to Austin, and Saturday nights where I stay home by myself and watch movies. It's a great way to start a Monday!

0 comments: