Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Last summer, I biked about 100 miles a week through Tyler streets. I tried to keep it up when school started, but failed miserably. The only riding I saw was to and from class every day. Well, I finally got a new helmet and tuned my bike up, and now I am back in the saddle! I am starting slow and steady (emphasis on the slow) and am definitely feeling the effects of not riding since school let out in May. But I am so excited. Biking really is one of my favorite things. Running has become a chore to me, but biking is something I look forward to doing every morning.


As always, I have set some goals for myself. Within the year I hope to ride in a few tours, including Tyler's own Beauty and the Beast. I want to find a few to ride in around College Station, too. A century ride is also on the list, but that will take a lot of dedication. Eventually, I would love to ride in the MS150, but because I know I will have to do fundraising for other things (Wyldlife, possibly missions) I do not think I will be able to ride this year. Someday soon!

For now, I am focusing on my endurance and my form, and trying to get into a normal routine. Being gone at Pine Cove is going to throw me for a loop, but my goal for the year is to continue riding into the school year. Possible reward for this? Upgrading to a bike that is a WSD, specifically a bike I can grow into, not grow out of! I am excited at this possibility and have been researching to my heart's content.

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Check back later for my Wednesday wishlist!


0 comments: