Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Year in Review: 2011

A few weeks ago my blog celebrated it's second birthday. It's fun to look back on last year's year in review and see how much life has changed. Well, folks, here is year number two!

April/May: I ran my first half marathon in May, celebrated Easter at home with family, and took a trip to OKC with my friends before we left for summer.

Summer: I spent my summer working at a local paint your own pottery studio in my home town, venturing on up to Minnesota to visit my grandparents who live on the Chippewa Indian reservation, my family and Hayden took a vacation to the Destin beaches, and spending sweet time with my friends and family. Oh, and who can forget this was the summer that Sheppy became a reality?

Acceptance: after a semi-stressful wait, I was finally accepted to A&M and became the newest Fightin' Texas Aggie! This has probably been the highlight of my year so far.

Falling for Autumn: Football games, Ring Days, date nights, camping trips, more football games, Young Life leadership, baby showers, and an invitation to work at Pine Cove Ranch for the second half of summer.

Holidays: For the first time in my college career I was sad to be leaving my college home to go back to my hometown. I suppose that means I found where I fit? We took some trips to Nebraska, visited my parents alma mater, celebrated the wonderful Potato's twenty-first birthday, and rang in the new year!

Spring Fling: Intramural games, concerts, more Ring Days, The Well's Project, meeting my new Wyldlife team- my SFAmily, meeting the most adorable little guy: Shepherd Christopher, antique hunting with my momma, Easter celebrations, more half marathons, and busyness piled on top of busyness!

And now we are here. I am a week and a half away from finishing my sophomore year of college and my first year at Texas A&M. I can't tell you the ways I have changed within these past months, but I do not think I have ever been happier. It's exciting to look towards the future in eager anticipation of the wonderful things to come!

Now all we need is to get E&A a little closer so I can snugs with this guy all the time! :)







0 comments: